NEWSFLASH: “Healthy Food” has a different meaning for EVERYONE!
To one person, “healthy” means
– Low fat
– Low calories
– Wheat bread vs white bread
– low sodium
To another person, “healthy” means
– Chicken vs red meat
– Weight Watchers meals
– lite salad dressing
– diet Coke vs Coke
– protein powder smoothies
Let’s rewind 100 years, 200 years, 300 years…did any of the “healthy” listed foods above even exist? NO
Here’s the scary part…I don’t think ANY of those are healthy! SCARY HUH.
“Why is it so complicated??” “What the hell is healthy??” “Why are there so many different opinions??” “This is stupid! I quit!”
WAIT! I promise you it’s not complicated. I promise it’s super simple and so common sense you’ll get it!
I have 6 rules that make this SUPER simple
Rule #1 – Eat only plants and animals: as close to their natural state as you can (No chemicals & Not processed)
Rule #2 – Avoid processed carbs
Rule #3 – Avoid boxed & canned foods
Rule #4 – Avoid over cooked foods
Rule #5 – Shop at health food stores and farmers markets ONLY!
Rule #6 – 1 -2 cheat meals every week. (ANY ANY anything you want!)
Notice what’s NOT on this list
– Nothing about low fat (Fat is great for you)
– Nothing about calorie counter (all calories are not the same!)
– Nothing about 1 bread being better than another (all too clogging)
– Nothing about sodium (salt is critical for your cell’s health)
– Nothing about 1 animal being more healthy than another (only the drugged up animals are bad to eat)
– Nothing about pre-prepared meals (fresh is best!)
– Nothing about “lite” or “diet” (those involve chemicals)
– Nothing about protein powders (too processed)
Check out my full post describing my Simplified Guide to Eating Healthy